Monday 20 January 2014

ACER V193HQ LCD MONITOR DOES NOT TURN ON

ACER V193HQ LCD MONITOR DOES NOT TURN ON
Recently a friend of mine had a problem with a Monitor Acer V193HQ which didn't want to switch on. The power light kept blinking amber. I found the Service manual here. I could go on and on about the procedure to find the problem but I will leave that to you.
The dissasembling part was very tricky. It required a lot of patience. Be very gentle with the plastic frame and do not bend it too much or it will break.

The problem was a faulty SMD resistor (2,7M) with a much lower value (500k) than it should've been which I replaced with an axial 1/8w resistor. Then a couple of capacitor filters, C818 220uF/25V and C822 470uF/16v where bad (bulged). If you have a look to the schematics the cap's have different values in particular C818 it apears to be 35V and it was 25V in the board. I replaced them with HT/105ÂșC type of cap's and with what I had at home, 100uF/35V and 1000uF/16V. After this components were replaced and the monitor put back together, it worked perfectly well.

1 comment: